Shillong Teer is a traditional archery-based lottery game that is popular in the Indian state of Meghalaya, particularly in the city of Shillong. The word “Teer” means “arrow” in Hindi, and the game gets its name from the use of archery arrows in the betting process.
Here’s how Shillong Teer is typically played:
- The game is conducted by the Khasi Hills Archery Sports Association in Shillong.
- A group of archers takes part in the game, shooting arrows at a specific target.
- People interested in playing Teer place bets on the outcome of the archery game.
- Bets are usually placed on two main components: “First Round” and “Second Round.”
- After the archery rounds Shillong Teer Ending Number are completed, the results are determined based on the number of arrows that hit the target.
- The number of arrows that strike the target is counted, and the result is typically a two-digit number.
- The first digit of the result is taken from the number of arrows that hit the target in the first round, and the second digit is taken from the number of arrows that hit the target in the second round.
- Payouts for winning bets depend on the specific odds and rules of the Teer game in Shillong.
- Different betting options and combinations offer varying payout ratios.
Shillong Teer is known for its unique and traditional form of gambling, with a strong following in the region. The game is typically conducted on weekdays, and results are announced in the evening. It has gained popularity not only as a form of entertainment but also as a source of potential winnings for those who participate in the betting.
It’s important to note that gambling laws and regulations may vary from place to place, so individuals interested in participating in Shillong Teer should be aware of the legal status and regulations regarding such games in their region.